Wednesday 24 December 2014

Wuthering heights readalong (+ MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!)

So I know I've been more than a little absent on the blog these past few weeks, but I have an exciting post to share today (finally...)! But first and foremost, let me start by wishing you all an joyful Christmas! What could be better than celebrating God coming to earth and weakening himself so he could save us..!? NOTHING! That's what! :D

Anyhoo, now that we've got my excitement out of the way, let's get down to business! This will be a quickie post (it is Christmas eve after all... Who hasn't still got some wrapping to do!?), and it is one that I most definitely should have done earlier (you'll see why in a mo). I'll probably do another post with a bit more detail about what I've actually been doing with my life instead of blogging (hint: it involves a lot of not-fun-reading and essay-writing). But, for now, let's just get on with what we came here for!

As you may have guessed from the thoroughly uncryptic post title, I'm participating in a readalong of Wuthering Heights with Kirsty at The Literary Sisters and Susie at Girl With Her Head in a Book. This is the readalong for December (hence why I should have started earlier... oops!), but since it's the holidays and I have marginally less essay-writing/revision I should be doing, I decided I would still take part. I'll just be a little late with it (what's new, eh?).

I read this book for the first time about three years ago when I was staying in Whitby, Yorkshire (appropriate, I know!), and it has stuck with me ever since. In fact, I'm pretty sure I put it in my Top Ten Tuesday post about books I want to re-read. And now just seemed like the perfect opportunity, especially since I always associate this book with winter.

I'll be reading this copy on my Kindle that I downloaded for free (thank you Project Gutenberg!!!).



But to be honest I'd much rather have a beautiful edition like this:

Swoon

So that's it! I'll update you with my progress and probably post a review/thought-splurge in early January :)

How about you? What are you reading at the moment? Are you taking part in any readalongs? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...