So in honour of this momentous occasion, I thought it was about time I wrote a little something to help you lovely readers get to know me a little better! I recently launched a shiny new 'About Me' section, but it's not very detailed. So here are 25 (mostly) non-book-related facts about me. Enjoy!
1. I love playing the piano. I'm not really a performer so normally this just means jamming on my electric piano with the headphones on. My fave things to play are the late Romantic composers, especially Debussy and Ravel (big up the classical music, yo!). I also play the clarinet and flute.
2. Mulan is my favourite Disney film. (Though me and Disney actually have a bit of a love-hate relationship...)
3. I love knitting.
4. I am a Christian.
5. I am obsessed with the Wicked soundtrack. Seriously, I could listen to it on repeat for ever and ever.
6. If I could punch one song in the face, it would be 'The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers' from Disney's Winnie the Pooh. Actually, I just passionately dislike everything about Disney's Winnie the Pooh.
7. My knowledge of the Harry Potter books and films is embarrassingly extensive. I feel like this isn't all that uncommon in the book-loving community, but around most other people it earns me some funny looks.
8. I love Ultimate Frisbee.
9. I really dislike hearing children speak French.
10. I'm a massive sucker for strawberry chocolate. In Germany they have these things called Yogurette and I could just eat them forever.
|Definition of heaven right here|
11. I can pretty much quote the entirety of the film Chicken Run.
12. I was a gymnast in school.
13. I am obsessed with nail varnish.
14. I am firmly of the opinion that tea is the best medicine.
15. I am very fond of bad jokes, and if they involve puns, so much the better.
16. I can solve a Rubik's Cube (thanks to YouTube...)
17. I really really hate tomatoes.
18. My walking speed is well above average. I put this down to many years of running late and having to power-walk up the hill to school.
19. This year I got involved with the Christian Union's work with international students, which was the most fun and rewarding thing ever. I love internationals! <3
20. I adamantly disagree with anyone who would call the German language 'harsh', 'ugly' or 'aggressive'.
22. I have a not-so-secret mega-crush on Alfie Enoch, who plays Dean Thomas in the Harry Potter films.
|"I can make your Deans come true"|
23. I also really enjoy baking (I just wrote that as 'bacon'! I enjoy that too..!)
24. I firmly believe letter writing is the best form of long-distance correspondence. My friend and I write to each other regularly, and getting actual letters IRL is the best feeling!
25. One drawer of my desk is entirely devoted to chocolate and sugary snacks.
So there you have it! You now know a little something more about me than you did before! Please feel free to share any random/hilarious/awesome facts about yourself in the comments, or let me know which one(s) of my facts interested or surprised you the most.