Tuesday 5 August 2014

A Bookish Trip to Oxford

A couple of days ago, I hopped on a train to Oxford to go and see my lovely friend Zoe (the one who recommended me Bridget Jones's Diary). Of course, I was ridiculously excited to see her, and even more excited when we spontaneously decided to buy Avenue Q tickets for a couple of weeks' time (eee!!)...

But I couldn't pass up the chance to marvel once again at this wonderful city, and take a few (too many) snaps of the beautiful old buildings.



The notorious Bodleian library!

The Bridge of Sighs

And naturally I couldn't stop myself making the most of the bookshops on offer...

A rare and used bookshop... Lovely but much too expensive!

Blackwell's <3

Zoe and I intended just to pop into Blackwell for a quick browse, but ended up spending what felt like hours in there (and it probably was!).

They had this amazing mystery books selection, which we just couldn't resist!

How cool is this???

Our choices! Zoe's is in front, mine is behind...

This is the book I ended up with. Not what I would have chosen (I'm a definite one for judging a book by its cover!), but I'm looking forward to reading it.


And this next one is Zoe's:


And I also bought these because, y'know, I have no self control... But also because buying books is fun! (Let's not think about how I don't have a job this summer...)







And Zoe bought a copy of Animal Farm by George Orwell. So a thoroughly successful book-buying (or a thoroughly unsuccessful money-saving) day all round!

What are some of your latest book purchases? Where is your favourite place to buy books? Do you have a book-buying problem? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...