Friday 30 January 2015

Unhaul - January 2015

Hello friends!

Having recently posted a lovely Christmastime book haul, I thought it was about time I posted one of these too... That's right, it's an 'unhaul', in other words, a post about the books I'm getting rid of to make way for all my shiny new ones! 

Inevitably, especially since my tastes have changed so much since starting blogging and watching BookTube videos (seriously, there is so much literature out there!), there are some books on my shelves that I'm just not excited about reading any more. I did a pretty sizeable clear-out last summer after I moved back from France, but these are some more books that, on further consideration, just didn't make the cut!




These first four are ones that I've had for years and years. They're all children's books that I don't think I'll ever get round to reading, so I've decided to give them a new home and allow others to enjoy them!


I'm sure they're great books, but I just don't think they're for me! 

The next bunch are ones that I've read (or, in the third one's case, started reading) and just didn't enjoy enough to want to keep. They were fine, but I won't be re-reading:


Next up, there are a couple that I bought purely because I loved the covers (I even mentioned the second one ages ago in my Opposites Book Tag post for that very reason):


Although they would both work for my Travel the World in Books challenge, I just don't have enough enthusiasm for them any more. 

The same goes for the final two:


I was excited about these when I got them, but my interest has gradually waned, and it's about time they were re-homed so they can be with someone who appreciates them!

So there you have it, all the books I'm getting rid of this January! 

What books are on your unhaul list? How do you feel about getting rid of books? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Unhaul. I love this idea... trouble is I never get rid so I'd have no material for posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes that is rather a prerequisite for one of these posts! I think it was mostly not having any access to my bookshelf for a while that really made me think about which books were actually important to me.. But it was also partly because I bought quite a lot of new ones and had no space for them! :P haha

      Delete
  2. I ought to get rid of a few books myself - I looked at my LibraryThing page the other day - I've got 1134 now and I'm starting to wonder at what point should that many books be moved at least to downstairs in case the bedroom floor collapses! I can't stand to part with them though, even the ones I hate remain on the shelves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, aside from the risk to the structural integrity of your bedroom floor, I see no reason why you should have to get rid of books :P I think a lot of us book-collectors give ourselves grief about having too many books, but unless your bedroom floor actually does start collapsing (!!), I say keep 'em!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...